Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's on the Needles?

I haven't been updating much, because I've been working hard on my 'pay it forward' or 'first five' projects. I have several done, but I don't want to post anything until they're ALL done and received. It's driving me crazy, because I'm totally ready to show off the finished products. That will be one big show-offy post a few weeks down the line.

In the meantime, I got started on another time consuming project - the CassCozie. Another Facebook-driven project, now that I think about it! My friend Cass doesn't knit but a few of her friends do. She jokingly asked us to make her a snuggie. I said, "I think we could do this..." It's a serious stash busting project - my goal is to not spend a penny on it, we'll see how that goes. It's my very first round-robin type project. I'm knitting till I'm bored, then sending it along to someone else who will knit till she's bored then send it back or send it along to someone else. As a stash buster, it is taking on a serious 'coat of many colors' effect that I think is kind of cool. I think it will be even cooler when other people's stashes get thrown in. I imagine it will be quite a while before that one is completed, but it should be quite the thing when it's finally done!

Next quick project on deck: A little bag for Lea to carry to her May dance. I'm thinking a little drawstring bag she can wear around her wrist. Pics soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see the results of your Pay it Forward... and also a pic of the drawstring purse. I have to save up all these ideas (purse) so I can copy them later :)

    ReplyDelete