Thursday, February 23, 2012

Super Soft Super Secret

Don't worry - I didn't even attempt to say that out loud.  Not the dream title for someone with a slight (it IS slight, dammit!) lisp.

Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that I have been posting little teases about a super-secret project.

It started with a picture of my yarn purchase.



This yarn is really divine.  It is a naturally dyed organic cotton in a light DK weight.  Soft, soft, soft.  It has also been discontinued.  I will never understand what causes a company to make that decision, but I'm sure they had their reasons.  Now one of two things happen when something cool is discontinued.  Some folks put the price through the roof - because now it is coveted.  Others bring the price way down because they want to clear out inventory and make way for the new stuff.  I lucked onto one of the second kind of distributors.  Yay me.



I've only shared this picture for two reasons:  to further stretch out my little tease, and because I really love close up pictures of knitting and I kind of can't believe I took this one with my phone.

Any guesses where we're going with this?





If you guessed baby romper, well, pat yourself on the back.

I have two friends co-grandparenting the same baby - mother of the dad and mother of the mom.  If there's one type of knitting I love above all others - it's knitting baby clothes.  Instant gratification, super-soft yarns, and an excuse to embellish freely.  (No embellishment on this piece, because it needed to remain completely gender non-specific - but that's beside the point.)


Hopefully this isn't the last picture we see from this project.  I'm hoping at least one of those proud grandmas sends me a picture of it filled up with something even softer and sweeter than naturally dyed organic cotton...

1 comment:

  1. It will be my privledge to put my grandbaby in that beautiful romper. It is absolutely the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. It means the world to that there is so much love in each stitch. A heartfelt thank you my friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete